Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Frosty Morning

There was a thick layer of frost on everything at home this morning. The lawn was covered as was the truck windshield. Of course, I couldn't find the window scraper, so I had to wait for the defroster to melt all the ice (as the washer fluid wasn't melting it with the wipers going).

We also broke down and finally turned on the furnace this morning. Well, William turned it on but didn't open any of the vents, so I am not sure how much it actually helped. I keep the vents closed in the summer so that dust bunnies don't fall into the duct work while the furnace is not in use. At least it wasn't freezing cold in the house by the time I crawled out of bed this morning.

I suppose the frost means it is time to start thinking about preparing the exterior of the house for winter. Once again the season passed without us replacing the roof, but we did replace the three upstairs windows. Hopefully the roof can be a spring project. William has been busy organizing in the garage on Sunday afternoons and it looks like progress has been made. With a garage that doesn't have much room or great storage areas, it makes it tough to have a place for everything. But eventually, there will be room to fit a vehicle. It sure makes it nice for when we get the large snowstorms to have at least one vehicle cleared of snow at all times. Just in case we need to make a break for it!

The dresser refinishing project is going well, but very slowly. The mirror broke, so we need to decide if we want to replace the mirror or find a more creative use of the space. The entire bottom portion of the dresser has been stripped and sanded with a medium grain paper. Now, I need to do the finish sanding on it and clean the wood before staining. I still need to sand the entire mirror portion of the dresser which will be time consuming due to all the carving in the wood at the top of the mirror. But, I do think that once it is done, it will be a beautiful piece and I can be proud of taking something old and turning it into a functional dresser for our baby.

Tonight I would like to get the house cleaned. I will try and see if I can at least get a good portion of the work done. It is way too much for me to do in one night anymore. I just get exhausted too fast. Truth be told, most of the time when I get home from work I am so exhausted I could go to bed right then. Hopefully I will be able to push through tonight and get done what needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.