Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Baby, Baby, Baby...

We are about a month away from our actual due date of November 28th. Over the past few days the contractions have really kicked into high gear. I don't know if they are making any "head-way" (ha ha) for the baby yet, but they sure have increased and are starting to get stronger. It makes me wonder if she will come early, or if I will just have to put up with the contractions for another whole month or so.

Anyways, at my appointment yesterday the midwife guessed she was at about 6 pounds and said the more contractions I was having the better prepared I would be for when actual labor starts. I will request to be "checked" next week to see if any progression has been made as William is planning on going out of town for the weekend and it is quite a drive to his destination. So, just to be on the safe side, we will see what we find and make an educated guess as to whether he should go on his trip or not.

The nursery is all put together now and looks so beautiful. I just want to go in and sit in the rocking chair and enjoy the peace and quiet that the room currently has. I may just have to do that... I need to purchase a few more items (covered garbage can, laundry basket, mirror for dresser and a few other things) but for the most part, the baby could come home today and be fine in her surroundings.

I did break down and get my H1N1 shot yesterday evening. I wasn't planning on doing it until the middle of November, but after discussing the pros and cons with my midwife, we decided it would be best to get it now. Just in case. Best part is my arm hardly hurts this morning. After my regular flu shot this season my arm hurt for WEEKS.

Going into the city this weekend for a birthday celebration on Sunday and to see some friends who happen to be in town on Friday and Saturday. Joel & Sarah are here from Alaska and Jack and Sarah are both on leave from the war in Iraq, so it will be great to see them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.