Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

The Birthday Girl

I can't believe our little Elizabeth is turning one next weekend!  Where does the time go?  She is such a joy to have in our lives and I can't imagine William and I without her.  Nor would I want to! 

Her new accomplishments include:
  • She took her first steps two days after she turned 11 months old.  She isn't walking on a regular basis yet, but when she does, she is so proud of herself.  She smiles the biggest smile and falls into you and give you huge hugs!
  • She is getting her 8th tooth!  I can hardly wait for a time when her teeth are not bothering her.  She has been such a trooper throughout the whole teething process.  She also loves to have her teeth brushed.  We do it every night and she loves to suck on the toothbrush.
  • Her favorite foods are ham, yogurt, Gerber poofs and yogurt melts (and of course her milks).  She would eat them constantly if we would let her!  She isn't eating the greatest at home in the evenings these days, but Leslie says she eats fine at daycare, so we are not worrying.  She is still breastfeeding, so she gets plenty of good nutrients. 
  • She can crawl up the stairs by herself.  This one is scary for Mom, but Dad lets her do it all the time when he is within reach, so she loves to do it now.  So if I am upstairs working on something, I know that shortly I can turn around and there will be my little girl coming to find me.  It is so cute!
  • She is a dancing queen!  She hears music and her little hips go back and forth.  She gets happy and smiling and you can't help but want to dance with her.
  • She is a drama queen!  She will throw herself on the floor and cry if she doesn't get what she wants.  Now I just let her lay there and cry, pretending I am not paying attention to her and within a few seconds to a few minutes, she rolls over, gets up and moves on. 
  • The "stink-eye"...  You will know it if you see it!  Spoiled little girl doesn't like not getting what she wants, and she isn't afraid to let us know.  She really doesn't like the word "no".  Imagine that!
  • She still loves to have the ABC song sang to her every morning before we put her in her car seat to go to daycare. 
She is such a blessing and I have so enjoyed the past year of watching her grow!  Now it is off to start planning her birthday gathering for next Saturday.  I know she won't remember it, so we will keep it very low key.  Lots of food though!  And pictures and video will be taken!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amanda! Our kiddos sound like they are doing the exact same things (my son William was born on Nov 24th, 2009)! Isn't this such a fun, fun stage?

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.