Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Daycare Visit

I am going to try to go visit a daycare this afternoon with Elizabeth.  William took her to the same place on Friday morning and she seemed to do fairly well with the other children there, so now it is my turn to go take a look and see how I feel about the facility and the provider.

I am a little nervous because I am not excited about changing daycare providers, but this facility provides a more structured routine for the children that I think Elizabeth will do very well with.  Plus there are three or four other children there that are very close to her age (I think she will be the youngest) so she will have many playmates.  There is already an Elizabeth there, so our Elizabeth will have to use Libby as her name there.

I am also very excited that this provider only serves one meal (she will not cater to what the children request) so Elizabeth will have to learn to eat what is in front of her or she will go hungry until the next meal/snack time.  Our current provider has done a good job, but she does cater to Elizabeth (mostly because she can when Elizabeth is the only child there...) so this will be a good change.  Difficult, but good. 

I do see a difficult transition for Elizabeth as she has been going to her current provider since she was 10 weeks old, but I think it will be a good change for all of us.  I am looking forward to this afternoon's visit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.