Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Simplify Saturday

I dislike clutter.  So in an effort to simplify our home, I am implementing something called "Simplify Saturday".  Every Saturday, I will find between 10 and 20 items that I am able to donate to a local thrift store that will help rid our home of clutter and things we do not use on a regular basis.  In a small house we need to stay vigilant about what we allow into it so that we don't become overwhelmed by all our possessions. 

I like to think of it as the plan that allows me to dust and/or clean less and less "stuff" every week!  And just think, if I actually find 20 items per week, it will amount to 1040 items over the entire year.  That's A LOT less laundry, dusting, washing, and storing of items for me to manage!

This weekend I plan to tackle my clothing.  Donating items I no longer wear, putting my regular clothes in storage and pulling out all the maternity clothes and taking inventory of them.  I will need to purchase some new maternity items for sure, so it will be good for me to review what I currently have before I hit the thrift stores to add to the collection.  It will be so nice to have a simplified closet again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.