Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

A Wonderful Mother's Day Weekend.

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.

Was able to go out for breakfast on Saturday morning and then hit the co-op for some groceries.  It was customer appreciation day, so I received an extra 10% off my purchase (always grateful for discounts!) and they had free samples as well for customers.  Tried a new coffee that we will purchase next time we need some.

I was able to work out in the garden on Saturday afternoon, planting seeds and starting to harden off my plants that will need to go out in a week or so.  It felt good to get out into the dirt.  The spinach and peas I planted a couple weeks ago are starting to come up now, so it will be fun to see how they take off now that it is starting to warm up more during the day.

Sunday morning started off with homemade puffy oven pancakes and bacon, made by William for us prior to leaving for church services.  It tasted so good with a little butter and strawberry jam.  Mother's Day cards and gifts were presented - all beautiful cards and a wonderful mothers necklace that has each child's birthstone on it.  I was so surprised by the gesture - I really wanted a necklace, and it was wonderful to be surprised by the gift.  I cried.  A lot.  William outdid himself on this one.

Church was wonderful and everyone was in such a good mood.  Headed home and put the kids down for quiet time/nap time and I went to the Drive Inn to get sandwiches for lunch for William and I.   Huge burgers and chicken sandwiches along with chili-cheese fries.  A great treat. Yum.

Susan came up for the afternoon to spend time with us and we played outside, watched the movie Frozen (she brought it as a gift for Elizabeth) and grilled out for dinner.  Then headed for an ice cream cone before she left.  It was nice to see her again and now that she is back living in Minnesota, it will be great to see her on a more regular basis.  Plus, the kids have an absolute blast playing with her - I think she may have had a good time too!

After putting the kids to bed, Willoam and I watched some of the hockey game together before I headed to bed.  It felt like a good and productive weekend.  Just wish it could have been about 4 days longer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.