Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008


I have had to check the garden almost every other day now for produce. I missed a couple days and found three zucchini that were over a foot long... They will taste good in bread though!
My peas have started producing pods and William will be enjoying them soon as snacks!
I still have to freeze some eggplant. I am not sure exactly how I am going to do it as I love eggplant parmesan and am not sure how frozen eggplant will work for that dish. I will just try and see how it goes.
The tomato plants are so heavy with fruits now that they have collapsed three of the four cages. I am hoping for the best that the tomatoes will ripen while still on the vine. If nothing else, I will have to remove them and place them in the window sill to ripen. I already have three from my Mother ripening there. We will have excellent tomato sandwiches this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.