Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

I NEVER Win Raffles...

...except for yesterday. And well, I didn't win the grand prize (a Harley Davidson or $13,000 cash) but I did get 23rd place (out of 35 places) for an extra $50 added to my bank account!

And all I spent was $5 for the raffle ticket. That is a pretty good rate of return (if you were guaranteed to win of course) William and I usually buy two tickets (one for each of us) but this year we decided to just buy one. It was fun to hear my name announced over the loudspeaker in town. Of all five years I have been doing this raffle (for our local community club) I have never won a thing. I guess there is a first time for everything!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'd be excited, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun to win isn't it!! Ay plans for the extra bucks? Perhaps a splurge on yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.