Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Where does the time go?

No, really.  Where does the time go? 

Miss Elizabeth will turn 6 months old on Thursday.  I can hardly believe it!  She is in such a fun stage of development right now.  Everything seems to be so exciting for her. 

Last night it was so warm out that she didn't want to nurse very much, so I thought I would try giving her a bottle of cool water to see if she would take it.  She wasn't the least bit interested when she realized it wasn't milk.  I left the bottle on the floor near where we were laying and she definitely knows that bottles give her milk!  She kept looking at it and trying to reach out for it.  I tried giving it to her a few more times when she was doing this, but every time she realized it didn't have milk in it, she was angry. She is such a little milkaholic!  And by the way she is growing, she is definitely getting enough! 

She has tried many new foods in the past month.  I don't think that she has refused anything we have given her to try (except chopped up chicken, she gagged on it).  Avocados, peaches, green beans, peas, carrots, potatoes...  She seems to like them all.  I ordered a little manual food mill so that I can grind up whatever we are eating to give to her.  I am excited for her to get some meat in with her vegetables and fruits!  Hopefully this will help grind it up finer than I could chop and she won't gag!

I am hoping to get some professional pictures taken of her once she turns 6 months old.  She has the greatest facial expressions and it would be wonderful to capture some of them on film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.