Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Check that off the list!

Sewing/Mending List

Hem 2 pairs black pants
Mend Quilt from Dad
Mend Lovers Knot Quilt
Make tank tops
Make short and long skirts

I finally started (and finished!) mending the two quilts that have been in dire need of repairs for the past few years.  It only took me about 4 hours to complete while at the cabin this past weekend.  It is amazing how much you can get done when you don't have any electricity to run the television.  Oh, and when you have someone to help with entertaining Elizabeth! 

I sat myself in front of the window and let the natural sunlight come in and spread over the quilt as I started working on them.  When it started to get dark, I moved and sat under one of the gas lights in the cabin to finish the last two sections. 

It feels so good to have another project behind me!  Even though as I was working on the Lover's Knot quilt, I was thinking about taking it apart and possibly machine quilting it (as it is the quilt I made for William's high school graduation present many years ago).  I will have to ask Suzie if she thinks it would be worth it.  Oh, and if I could use her long-arm quilter to do it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.