Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Peanut Butter

All Elizabeth wants to eat is peanut butter sandwiches and occasionally some fruit.  Last night we sat her down for dinner with some scalloped potatoes, ham, grapes, carrot sticks and cheese thinking she would at least eat the grapes and cheese, but she refused to eat ANYTHING.  We sat there for over a half hour with her screaming the entire time. 

Since she refused everything (and then came back asking for cereal a couple minutes after we left the table), we didn't give her a bottle of milk before bed to ensure that she would be hungry enough to eat come morning.   I felt so bad, but the kid needs to learn to eat things other than her currently VERY limited choices.  She ended up having her bottle of milk and 1/2 of a PB&J for breakfast, but I don't feel this was a victory as it is what she usually asks for in the morning.  Now if she would have eaten some eggs and bacon, I would have been thrilled!

I guess it is time to sit down with her daycare provider and discuss our goals and make sure she is aware of what we are working on at home so that she can also assist in developing these good habits. 

I know it is a small problem in the big scheme of things, but I am exhausted from the screaming and need to see some progress very soon as I don't know if we can continue on this way without seeing progress.  It is so exhausting for both William and I.   Of course we are trying our best, but some days I just feel like a failure.

1 comment:

  1. Don't get discouraged. You are great parents. She has Hanson bullheadness in her. But the good news is, so do YOU. You didn't get everything you ever wanted and you turned out reasonably well... all things considered. :) Don't give up on it yet, she's worth the tough days and she won't starve if she misses a meal here and there. Keep up the great work, sis. I love you lots!
    P.S. If you need a break, there is always someone to help. We are all a phone call away!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.