Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

The Week in Review

This has been a difficult week for me.  After coming home from a wonderful weekend up north, I was able to stay home with Libby on Monday (we didn't have any daycare for four consecutive days this month) and spent a wonderful day playing with her and catching up on a few cleaning tasks.  She is such a joy to be around and I enjoy just being with her as she goes about her day.  She seems to learn 10 new things every day and always takes my hand to lead me to and show me her newest accomplishment.  It makes me wish that I could spend more time with her.

Knowing that William is going on his trip soon is difficult for me.  A whole seven days without him will be an experience for me.  Plus the fact that there is so much snow in the part of Idaho that he is going to that there are an abundance of avalanches, makes me even more nervous.  We are trying to do as much as we can to make sure he is safe (a beacon, probing poles, an inflatable airbag in case he is caught in an avalanche, etc) but it still makes me nervous.  I would hate to have to raise the little ones on my own due to an avalanche...

I wish I had more energy at this stage of the pregnancy, but I just can't seem to find it.  It has disappeared and I am starting to seriously worry that it will never come back.  When will I find the time to work on the house?  Everything needs a good coat of paint and organization/purge of contents prior to the baby being born (at least that is my goal...)  Not to mention the trim work and finishing touches that I would like to have completed as well.  Someday I will live in a house that is finished.  It will happen.  SOMEDAY. 

Okay, that is enough of a rant.  In fun news, we went swimming last night as a family.  Libby loves it!  She jumps right in the little pool and plays like a champ.  Tonight we are planning on going out to eat as a family and possibly even will try to paint Libby's room this weekend.  We need to lighten up the color in there, while still keeping it gender neutral.  So it may be off to the paint store tonight after dinner to purchase a couple gallons of paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.