Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Tis the Season... for Colds.

The cold/flu viruses have set up shop at our humble abode this week.  

Libby has had a fever since Monday and it finally seems like it is breaking.  To top it off, she also has a hefty dose of chest and nasal congestion. 

Eddie has nasal and chest congestion as well and it is so difficult for me to see a little baby with these problems.  We were so blessed Libby never got sick with a cold until she was at least a year old.  Last night was spent sitting up in a chair holding him so that he could at least get a little sleep.  I, on the other hand, didn't get much at all.  The little I did get, was very light and interrupted every time he sniffled or coughed (as I had him right next to me in bed because he had so much mucous, he was gagging on it and I didn't want him to choke). 

Thankfully, Susan has been at our home and has been able to care for the kids while we went to work.  They have been home most of the week from daycare due to the illnesses and Susan has been a blessing so we haven't had to take time off work.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

On a bright note, I was able to get a wonderful massage yesterday afternoon.  I took some birthday money and decided on a little "me" time (took a half day vacation from work).  Now if I could get in a bath (without children) I could be a whole new woman!

This weekend will be a busy one for us as Wisconsin Deer Hunting begins tomorrow.  We also have our family photo session tomorrow and a wedding to attend.  I am really looking forward to going to the wedding with Libby.  I purchased her a new dress and we are dressing up to go on a Mommy-Daughter date night. 

Hopefully Sunday will be a day of relaxation and rejuvenation for us.  If everyone is feeling up to it, we will go to church and then come back for a group nap.  When it happens, it is one of my favorite times.  Even when I only get a short nap because they wake up just after I fall asleep!  Still love it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.