Do you know how much a Mom of a three year old and 8 month old can get done in a couple hours when the children go to bed at 6:30 on Sunday night? A LOT. Suffice it to say I feel like I can start my work week on a good note. It always feels good to me when I can BREATHE.
One of the ways I help myself continue to breathe during the week is having a menu plan to work from. All ingredients on hand and ready to go. Makes getting dinner on the table after a long day so much easier.
This week we are planning on having:
- Eggs on homemade bread, Fresh Juice
- Oatmeal (Hubby's Favorite), Orange Juice
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, Fresh Fruit, Milk
- Plain Yogurt with Granola, Fresh Fruit, Green Juice
- Green Salads
- Green Smoothies
- Cheese, Almonds, Carrot Sticks
- Fresh Juice
- Wine (okay this one is just for me)
- Harvest Soup, Homemade Breadsticks (new concoction, Hubby said it tasted earthy, I took it as a compliment as it was full of lentils, wild rice, brown rice, great northern beans and spicy sausage)
- Chicken Pesto Pasta with Vegetables and Pine Nuts, Beets (Pesto from freezer - made in the summer when abundance of arugula was in our CSA box)
- Nachos and Fixings
- Waffles (Freezer) and Bacon, Fresh Fruit
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Tomatoes, Tomato/Garlic/Bacon Soup, Pickles
- Spinach & Chevre Pizza, Fresh Juice
This post is linked to Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday. Check out the hundreds of menus linked there for great inspiration to spruce up your menus!