Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Menu Plan Monday: February 4, 2013*


Do you know how much a Mom of a three year old and 8 month old can get done in a couple hours when the children go to bed at 6:30 on Sunday night?  A LOT.  Suffice it to say I feel like I can start my work week on a good note.  It always feels good to me when I can BREATHE.

One of the ways I help myself continue to breathe during the week is having a menu plan to work from.  All ingredients on hand and ready to go.  Makes getting dinner on the table after a long day so much easier.

This week we are planning on having:

Breakfasts
  • Eggs on homemade bread, Fresh Juice
  • Oatmeal (Hubby's Favorite), Orange Juice
  • Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, Fresh Fruit, Milk
  • Plain Yogurt with Granola, Fresh Fruit, Green Juice

Lunches
  • Leftovers
  • Green Salads

Snacks
  • Oatmeal
  • Green Smoothies
  • Cheese, Almonds, Carrot Sticks
  • Fresh Juice
  • Wine (okay this one is just for me)

Dinners
  • Harvest Soup, Homemade Breadsticks (new concoction, Hubby said it tasted earthy, I took it as a compliment as it was full of lentils, wild rice, brown rice, great northern beans and spicy sausage)
  • Chicken Pesto Pasta with Vegetables and Pine Nuts, Beets (Pesto from freezer - made in the summer when abundance of arugula was in our CSA box)
  • Nachos and Fixings
  • Waffles (Freezer) and Bacon, Fresh Fruit
  • Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Tomatoes, Tomato/Garlic/Bacon Soup, Pickles
  • Spinach & Chevre Pizza, Fresh Juice

This post is linked to Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.  Check out the hundreds of menus linked there for great inspiration to spruce up your menus!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great menu! Glad you were able to take some time to plan it out :) I bet it does help a lot when you get some time to yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.