Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Wedding on the Beach

Our reason for going to Mexico this past week was to attend the wedding of a very good friend of ours.  William has known Joel since they were very young as they grew up in the Boy Scout program together, even though Joel is a few years younger than William.

It was a beautiful (and very short!) ceremony with some of the best vows I have heard in a long time that were crafted by the officiant (a freind of the couple).  They promised to love each other even when they don't like each other and to be patient even when the other is taking their sweet time.  And I really don't know if there was a dry eye on the entire beach when Sarah walked down the isle and Joel saw her for the first time.  I know I was tearing up!

Our group before the wedding ceremony - Jill, Chris, Amanda, William, Lori & Josh

The groom and bride

A beautiful site for a wedding
The ceremony site
It was such a wonderful blessing to be asked to be a part of Joel and Sarah's special day in Mexico.  My first destination wedding was a hit!  I hope there is another one in my future!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like the perfect place for a wedding! Just beautiful. Hopefully this is only the first of many destination weddings you get to attend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.