Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Menu Plan Monday: January 24, 2011


Make sure to check out all the great menus at Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday!
This will be our last weekly meal plan for a few months as I am going back to monthly planning for February and March.  More on that next week in addition to my plans for our baking day marathon!  It sure makes weeknights easier for this busy family to have some pre-made meals in the freezer to rely on.  Plus, I know that they are healthier than the pre-made meals you can buy at the store.  And these days, trying to get anything other than bread or crackers into Elizabeth is exhausting so having these meals to rely on is saving this Mommy's sanity!

Breakfasts
Peanut Butter on Whole Wheat Toast
Fried Eggs on Whole Wheat Toast
English Muffin Sandwiches (Bacon, Eggs, Cheese & Hot Sauce)
Alpine Breakfast (Sausage, Pancakes or Waffles, Eggs, Hash browns, Bacon)

Lunches
Leftovers from Dinner
Salami & Ham Sandwiches with Lettuce & Tomatoes, Carrot Sticks

Dinners
Tuna Melts with Tomato Slices & Cheddar Cheese, Homemade Baked French Fries, Cooked Carrots
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, Biscuits
Meatloaf, Sauteed Vegetable Medley, Baked Potatoes
Spinach Lasagna, Lettuce Salad
Homemade Pizza, Lettuce Salad
Enchilada Casserole (Beans, Rice, Chicken, Cheese), Lettuce Salad
Quinoa Chicken Stew, Biscuits

I did end up making 3 quarts of chicken stock on Saturday.  I have tried all the tricks to get it to gel, but no luck.  At least it still tastes really good!  I will have to tweak the recipe again next time.  For my $3.50 chicken (Manager's Special at the grocery store, already cut up) I got enough for 3 meals of chicken meat, and 3 pots of soup.  Last time I bought a quart of a good quality chicken stock at the store I paid almost $3.50!  This may have to become a regular purchase for us.

This week I also need to bake a few loaves of bread to put in the freezer and get planning for the baking day.  We also are out of treats at home, so maybe something with a little sugar will be making its way into the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.