Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mediterranean Quiche

This is another recipe I concocted because I was hungry for one of the Panera breakfast bakes and I don't have a Panera within an hour of my home. Bummer. They really should get one of those in St Croix Falls... I would go ;-) I don't know if it is really a Mediterranean recipe or not (and for that matter, I don't know if it would even fall into a quiche category) but it is what I call the dish!

Mediterranean Quiche
(Makes 1 individual serving)

4 sheets phyllo dough
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 eggs
1 tablespoon whole milk
hand full of fresh chopped spinach
5-6 sliced black olives
1 small Roma tomato, chopped
1 ounce grated Swiss cheese
1/2 ounce chevre goat cheese

Slice the phyllo dough to fit into a medium sized ramekin. brush each sheet with melted butter and place in the ramekin like you would pie crust. (I don't have ramekins, so I use small glass Pyrex bowls...) Maybe I will get ramekins for Christmas!

Beat in a bowl the eggs and milk, add spinach, black olives and tomatoes. Pour into ramekin. Top with Swiss and chevre. Season with salt and pepper.

Bake at 350 degrees until done (could take up to 45 minutes depending how deep the ramekin is... I test by putting a fork in the center to make sure the eggs are fully cooked).

This recipe has been requested on Christmas Morning by William's family, so I will be making between 3 and 6 of them depending on how many people show up for breakfast. Hopefully I will be able to find enough bowls/dishes to make them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.