Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Best Ever Black Bean Tacos!

This is my favorite meal these days. I could eat it two times a week or more. It is just that good. With the new nutritional plan I am on (no gluten, dairy, corn, turkey, etc...) I can at least have beans and lettuce, so this menu is adaptable so that William and I can still both eat it.

Black Beans for Tacos
1 can drained black beans; or prepared dry beans
1 lime
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
1 tablespoon taco sauce or salsa
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 cup chicken stock
handful of chopped fresh cilanto leaves

In a large skillet, place the beans, taco sauce/salsa, hot sauce and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer. Add in the juice of 1 lime, and the paprika, chili powder, cumin and cayenne pepper. Reduce until sauce is almost gone. Stir in the chopped cilantro and serve as you would regular taco meat. It is oh so yummy!

I have started frying my own taco shells. I like them better than store bought ones. I put 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a skillet and heat. I then put the corn tortilla in the hot oil and fry until crispy on both sides (flipping once). When I pull out the shell, I fold in half and set on a papertowel to drain off any remaining oil. It makes the tacos so yummy!!!

I of course like to top my tacos with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, onions, salsa, black olives and red and green peppers.

I guess from now on, I will only be having the beans, lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, black olives and salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.