Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Favorite Way to Eat Beef...

is a roast from the crock pot. It is always so tender and falls apart. It is one of the only ways I actually LIKE to eat beef.

Last week I made a great beef roast. I chopped up some onions, garlic, celery and carrots and placed them in the bottom of the crock pot. I then splashed some Worcestershire sauce on them, added water and placed the beef roast on top of the vegetables. I salted and peppered the beef roast then sliced a sweet potato in half and laid them on top of the roast (cut sides up). With a little Spike All Natural Seasoning blend on the sweet potatoes, the cover went on, the crock pot was turned to low, and 9 hours later, we steamed some broccoli and had a gourmet (okay, so it is gourmet for our house!) meal.

It is best to find the beef roasts on sale, and the one we had last week was actually a piece of brisket and between the two of us, we ate almost the entire thing! It was so tasty!!!

This is one of my favorite meals to entertain with. It is great because you can prep almost everything ahead of time, and therefore, spend time with your guests before dinner is served!
My mother used to create this meal for us for dinner on Sunday's after church on a regular basis. She cooked everything in the pressure cooker, so it took less time, but the crockpot tends to give a similar result (meat wise anyways) and it always takes me back to those wonderful Sunday dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.