Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Mini Baking Day

Last week I did a mini baking day.  It was great to get a few things into the freezer for us to eat in the next week or so.

I made:
  • 1 Loaf of Whole Wheat Bread
  • A Large Stock Pot of Black Beans
  • 8 Breakfast Burritos
  • 1 Batch of Turkey Sausage
  • 1 Pan of Breakfast Bake
  • Pork Roast and Potatoes for Dinner
 Turkey sausage was first on the list as I needed it to make a few of the other dishes.  It always turns out so good.  I use Laura's recipe and I just use crumbled instead of making it into patties.

Then I assembled the breakfast burritos.  They have eggs, peppers, turkey sausage, cheese and salsa in each of them.  This is the second time I have made them and they are excellent!

Next it was on to lunch.  I made a quick breakfast bake for lunch for myself.  I will get four meals out of it so it is a pretty good way to use up some leftovers!

Then I ended up using the outdoor cooker to boil up a pot of black beans to go into the freezer.  I think I got about 12 meals worth of beans from this pot.  (Granted it is only two people that eat per meal.)  But I think this should last us through the summer.  Then I will make a HUGE pot again in the fall for winter bean needs.  We tend to eat black beans quite often in the winter, so it is really handy to have some frozen and canned.

And finally it was time to throw the pork roast into the crockpot with some new potatoes.  It sure was a tasty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.