Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Cushing Venison Feed

We went to the Cushing Venison Feed this past Saturday night at the Cushing Community Center.  It is the town's fund raiser for the local volunteer fire department.  They have venison hamburgers/buns with fixings, scalloped potatoes, baked beans, coleslaw and milk.  Plus you can purchase pop, beer, etc...  It is always the weekend before Wisconsin rifle season opens for deer.  This was William's first time as he is usually hunting in Minnesota that weekend.  I have been going since I was fairly young and I even have faint memories of it when it was located at a different venue (above the old grocery store).

They have bingo (which we didn't play as they were very busy and would have had to wait for a seat to open up) and they do paddle raffles in the main area where they are serving the food.  By the time we got there around 6 PM, they were packed and we were lucky to find a place to eat.  We walked in right behind my Mom, Sister, Brother-in-Law, and brothers so we were lucky enough to be able to sit by some of them while we ate. 

The only complaint I had was that there were not any handicap accessible bathrooms at the community center, so my brother Jed had to go outside in his wheelchair to use the bathroom in the woods...  Unfortunate, but he didn't really seem to care one way or the other.  I guess I just felt bad for him.

Elizabeth of course didn't eat anything, but she did drink Grandma's and Daddy's milk.  Grandma was smart to ask if Elizabeth back washes a lot, as she certainly does and there is no way I would drink out of a glass she had already drank out of it!  I think Daddy may have finished his glass.  He is much tougher than I am and that stuff doesn't seem to bother him at all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.