Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

An Area to Learn and Explore

Our house doesn't have the optimal set up for a playroom.  I would say that our house doesn't have optimal spaces for anything, but what it does have is an expanding family that needs designated areas so that we may utilize the space we do have to the best of our abilities. 

In comes my idea of Libby's "playroom".  When we re-arranged the living room before Christmas (to accommodate the tree) I decided to try and place all of Libby's toys into one corner of the room so they were all easily accessible to her.  I think I did pretty good because we spend almost every night these days playing "eating" at her table.  While they toys often migrate to the other side of the living room, it almost feels as if there are two separate rooms when everything is put away at the end of the night.

Her books and one basket of toys are located in the entertainment center on the other side of the living room, but for the most part she likes to play with the items in her kitchen.  She is going to be a good waitress someday because she is very attentive to the level of tea in my cups and last night was even scooping soup out the pan to place on my plate!  It is so fun to see her enjoy this space and learn about a kitchen! 

This table and chair set is some of the best money I have ever spent!  We use it all the time.  Sometimes she even eats her dinner at it.  It was the table and chairs at her old daycare and when it closed, they sold it to us.  The chairs are a little small for William and I, but we make do!  Libby just loves to feed us all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.