Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Getting Dressed: Day 1 & 2

Day 1
We tried a new technique with Libby on Wednesday to get her dressed. 

It was a race. 

William set his stop watch on his phone for four minutes and we were racing to see if we could get her ready before the timer went off.  It worked.  Sort of...

We got the pants and socks on really fast, but then she didn't want to take off her nightgown and she ran away and hid in the front room behind the coat rack.  I tried to distract her by running up and down the stairs repeatedly and finally by the fourth time I came down, she wanted to race with me.  So after that race, we were able to get her hoodie on.

So it kinda worked.

Day 2
She didn't want anything to do with a race this morning, and she was laying in Edward's crib waiting for me to get him dressed (she likes to watch us get him dressed from this vantage point as she can look down on him and see what we are doing).  When I went to get her, she said she wanted Dad, so I left her there while I went down to let William know it was his chance to get her dressed.

He came back down with her in just her diaper and clothes picked out.  She wanted me to put them on, and so we started with pants, then socks, then the frilly shirt dress she got from Auntie Leann for Christmas. 

We had troubles with getting her jacket on this morning, so I bribed her with a tootsie roll (which was old and hard and she didn't really enjoy eating it that much). 

But as William carried her out the door, she was smiling and said goodbye to me in a cheerful voice with a smile.  I guess I would consider it a success! 

We will see how tomorrow goes.  Maybe we are finally turning a corner?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like good progress to me! I hope you are turning a corner with her. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.