Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Seeds are started for 2014







Libby, Grandma Connie and I planted our seeds this weekend in two large flats that are now sitting on my front entry table.  140 little round piles of dirt with promise. 

Promise that someday our gardens will again look like the above - instead of the below.


We planted many different varieties of tomatoes and peppers.  70 entire plants of just tomatoes and peppers for our tiny little garden -  I never know how the seeds are going to germinate, so I always plant a lot and then if I have excess, I can give them away. 

We also planted cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, swiss chard and a few other things I can't remember at the moment!  I am so excited to see the little shoots coming out of the peat moss in a few days! 

While our home is still for sale, I never know what is going to happen, so I am marching on like normal with our usual gardening activities.  If I have to leave my precious little plants to a new owner come summer, I guess it will just be a bonus for them.  Yummy little heirlooms for them to enjoy!

If a home closing is scheduled for about the time I would usually plant, then I will have to decide if I want to give all the started plants away or maybe there will be a garden area at my next house all ready for me to dig into the dirt - wishful thinking, I know, but a girl can dream!  If nothing else, I can patio plant a few tomatoes and peppers to take with me.  I hear a garbage can drilled with holes is a great place to grow potatoes - I've never grown potatoes.  Maybe this is my year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.