Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

Garden Progress - May 23, 2014


I know there has been a lot of garden stuff here lately, but I just can't help it.

After the terrible winter we had in Wisconsin, I am so excited to see things growing!  Plus when I look back at the blog posts during the winter, these ones are some of my favorites, so I am excited to add a bunch to the collection to look at during the next freeze.

Took these photos this morning before heading into the office and I am so very excited that I get to spend three days at home this weekend tending to the garden, yard and house.  It has been neglected and it needs some care.  Plus, that kind of work is my absolute favorite.  I am happy when doing it and refreshed when it is completed.  That is exactly how I think you should feel after a good days work.  Just wish it was that way for my paid job!

Big Boston Lettuce

Merlo Nero Spinach

Blue Curled Scotch Kale

Ching Chang Bok Choy - A small variety that is ready to harvest when it is only 5" tall.
So yummy in stir fry and Cashew Chicken.

Alaska Peas


Lily of the Valley - Coming up nicely along the back of our garage!
This is my Grandmother's favorite flower and I think that once they bloom, I should pick a bunch and take them to her as a surprise.  She would love a visit anyways!!!

The Peonie is starting to fill out nicely and even has tons of buds.
The Lily of the Valley was given to my by Susie (Bill's step-mother) and every time I see them now, I think of her.  So nice to have wonderful reminders of family and friends that have passed on.  I will always associate her with this flower now.  I think if we do end up selling this house, I may try to take some with me.  If I can't, I will just make sure to plant some at our new place.  They are such beautiful and delicate flowers. 

This post shared on the Homeacre Hop!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your garden this year! I hope you have a wonderful harvest. Thanks for sharing this with us at the HomeAcre Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.