Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

May 22 Garden Update

My tomato plants look terrible.  My pepper plants are tiny.  My cucumbers are looking half decent.

Apparently I need a southern facing patio door like my sister if I am going to start plants from seed inside my house.  She planted hers this week in her gardens and I asked her where she bought her plants --- she started hers from seed too, a month ago and they are five times the size of mine and look healthy. 

I am leaving them outside full time now, so hopefully this weekend (or next) I can get them out into the garden beds.  I want to give them a little more time to see if they perk up before planting them into their final spots.  If it comes down to it and they just don't grow, I guess I can always head to the greenhouse to purchase some of their plants.  They likely will  not be beautiful heirlooms like I am trying to grow, but even a conventional home grown tomato and pepper is better than a store bought one!

Tomatoes and a couple pepper plants.

Cabbage, Broccoli & Cucumbers

Peppers

1 comment:

  1. I got a green thumb from Gma Hanson. I really don't do anything special- It just happens that way! It's a miracle. I can't kill plants even when I try. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.