Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Early Morning Beauty in my Garden

We made an offer on a home the other day. 

Last night, we made a counter-offer on that same home.  While I don't know how this will play out, I am confident in our decision and will trust that all is going to happen the way it is supposed to.

July 24, 2014 6:30 AM - Peppers, Tomatoes, Cabbage, Broccoli
The best part about the home we made an offer on is the yard.  Two acres of space to set up a wonderful garden and orchard.  There are many restrictions/covenants on the property regarding what we can and cannot do there, but for the most part, I can do almost everything I would want to (except have a few chickens). 
  
Pole Beans
The worst part about the yard is that we have no way to mow that much land right now - and I am pretty sure it needs to be maintained based on the covenants. We will need to hire someone to mow the rest of this season (unless we can find a decent riding mower for fairly cheap!) and save money over the winter to buy one next spring. Then there is the issue of snow removal - our snowblower could probably do it, but it would take a LONG time. Not something we really have a lot of in the morning before work!
 
Chives and Kale - Color is funny - the Kale really is green, not yellow!
I am looking forward to seeing how our counter-offer is received today. Hopefully, it will be accepted and we can begin to plan for our next chapter. But if the offer is rejected, we will just start to look again and see what else is available. Honestly I am not worried about the situation at all as I know that no matter what, we will find a wonderful place to call home.
 
July 24, 2014 - Early morning sunshine on my happy place.
For the next three weeks, I will enjoy my little home in the center of town and all that it has to offer. We were playing with the kids in the back yard last night and it seemed almost sad that we will be leaving this place. After 10 years of putting our stamp on this 1/3 of an acre, it truly has become a place I love. Seeing the beauty in the backyard this morning made me remember (once again!) that no matter where we end up next, if I can take our current backyard from where it was when we bought the place to how it is now, there isn't anything I can't make beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.