Pages

Monday, September 14, 2015

September 14, 2015 - Journal


Today, I am...


... thinking about storage solutions for our garage.  Wanting to put a functional area in place near the door to store jackets, mittens, snowmobiling items, etc...  Pinterest to the rescue!

... thankful for my best friend.  She is such a wonderful rock for me when I need to discuss anything.  So grateful that God brought us together in this stage of life, even though we are many years apart in age!

... from my kitchen comes the smell of a large pork roast with herbs in the crock pot.  William and I prepped 8 lunch meals for us this week each consisting of a grilled turkey burger, wild rice and broccoli or green beans.  Should be nice to not have to think about what to prep for our lunches, since it is all taken care of. 

... reading a new blog Simply Seven.  I am told this is a family that is local to me!  Which is always nice to see like minded people in my very own area!

 ... hoping to get the exterior frame of the garage door painted tonight.  I already sanded down the frame, washed it and let it dry.  Now it is just to get out there and do the painting.  Shouldn't take more than a half hour to finish the job!

... creating more plans to turn our house into a wonderful home.  Slowly but surely!

 ... hearing the space heater.  My toes are cold this morning.  Even though the temperature should hit 80 degrees F today, mornings are now chilly and refreshing in Wisconsin!

... around the house we built two raised bed gardens over the weekend with the help of my mother-in-law Sue.  It took us a long while to determine the placement of where they should go in the yard, but we finally found the perfect place!  I am so excited to build two more and get them filled with some rich black dirt before winter arrives.  Then, once spring comes, we will have a great gardening area close to the house!

... seeing the sunrise on my way to drop off the kids at daycare.  Beautiful.

A few plans for the week...
Finish backing up the digital photos from my work computer to our home laptop
Bake a loaf of bread
Manicure & Pedicure
Workout on Tuesday and Saturday
Baseball game on Thursday night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.