Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

September 9, 2015 - Journal

Today, I am...


... thinking about how I wish I loved all parts of my job.  Sadly, I don't and it weighs on me sometimes.  Changing my attitude has helped immensely, but I still need to work on it. 


... thankful for a wonderfully happy little boy in the mornings.  He seems to offset the crabby girl and makes the mornings more bearable.  Plus, his snuggles are the BEST.


... from my kitchen comes the smell of re-heated breakfast pizza I made the other night.  And coffee.  Must have coffee.  Thanks to hubby for getting it all ready for me last night before bed.  All I had to do was heat the water in the kettle and pour it into the French Press.


... reading nothing.  I wish I had time to read something other than e-mails on a daily basis.  I just choose to do other things than read in my "free" time lately.


... hoping to dehydrate tomatoes tonight.  Farmer Bill (our neighbor) dropped off a pail full and I want to get them processed before they go bad!


... creating ideas on how to help the girl not be so crabby in the morning.  Need to work on this more and try different approaches.   Firm bedtime routine?  Earlier bedtime?  Other suggestions?


... hearing the sounds of business as usual.  The entire team is in the office today (minus the boss) so it is loud and busy.  Everyone seems tired though.  Not the laid-back atmosphere today!


... around the house I watered plants last night.  All the houseplants got a good soaking as they were looking very wilted.  Wishing I was at home today washing laundry and linens and line drying them!  And baking a loaf of bread and a huge pot of soup.  Man, that would be the best day ever!


... seeing the leaves begin to change color.  Fall is my favorite time of the year, but it just seems too soon for changing leaves.  Probably because I missed the annual Hanson Family Shoot and Hayride this year.  That always seems to signal the beginning of fall for me. 


A few plans for the week...
I need to pick up a bulk order of rice at the Co-op this week. 
Dehydrate the tomatoes. 
Drop off donations to the Thrift Store.
Chiropractic appointment for entire family.
Order supplies from Mountain Rose Herbs for making lotion and chapstick. 
Church's Fall Festival on Saturday. 
Backup digital photos to new laptop from work computer. 
Workout on Tuesday, Thursday (and possibly on Saturday). 
Make a pot of soup.  Bake a loaf of bread. 
Read a book - even for 10 minutes (maybe even go to the library and check out books with the kids!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.