Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Crafting Simplification

While I would love to be able to spend time doing crafts on a regular basis, I had to come to the realization that at this stage in my life, crafts are one of the least important things I could be spending my time on.  So, after realizing this and thinking about it for a while, I decided it was time to go through my craft cabinet and get rid of most of the fabrics and books I had accumulated over the past 8 years.  I did keep two shelves of fabric on the off chance that I will have an afternoon to play, but for the most part, I kept things that I had specific plans for already. 

I didn't take a before shot because it was just this entire cabinet crammed full of books, fabrics and the sewing machine.  It wasn't very pretty.  Even the floor under the cabinet was stuffed full of fabrics.  So I became ruthless and decided to keep only a certain number of projects that were already in the works (or already planned).  I also kept a few pieces of scrap fabric for quilts that I have made in the past, just in case I need to do a repair in the future.  Fabric I bought 20 years ago may not be available in the future you know...


But now, if I have an afternoon available, I know exactly which projects I would begin to work on!  There is some colorful fabric for making burp cloths for the new baby, squares of scrap material waiting to be pieced into a beautiful quilt for Libby, some fun and bold fabric waiting to be turned into a vintage style apron for me and some great fall colored fabrics just waiting to be cut and pieced into a quilt style table cloth for the kitchen table. 

I feel so much better knowing that there are only four projects waiting to be completed and that someday, they will be!  Simple and organized.  I feel refreshed and ready to craft already!!!  Now if I could only find the time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.