Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Tough Night

I had a tough afternoon and evening yesterday.  Lots of contractions.  Way too many for my comfort level (and I have them pretty regularly, so this was extreme).  On my way to pick up Libby from daycare I had 6 fairly strong ones in that half hour of driving.  I called my midwife and she told me to go straight home, drink a large glass of water, empty my bladder and go to bed.  Which I gladly did.  A few minutes later I was sleeping peacefully, unaware if anymore contractions were happening.

So far this morning, only a few contractions in the two hours I have been awake (more like normal) but I am still very leery of every move I make and seeing what sets them off and what doesn't.  I don't want to have to be put on bed rest, but if it was the best thing for the baby, then it is off to bed I go.

Hopefully today will be better.  I am making sure I stay hydrated and relaxed as possible (well, as much as I can while I am at work).  If they get worse, I will be going to the clinic to get hooked up to a machine to see what is really happening with these contractions and to make sure the baby is handling them all right.  Let's hope I don't have to go that route!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.