Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

A Rough Night

Libby had a rough night last night.  I hope she isn't coming down with something. 

First she wanted to cuddle with Mommy as she fell asleep.  No problem.  I don't mind that at all!  William usually just comes and wakes me up when he comes to bed and I move back to our bed then. 

Then she fell out of bed.  By the time I got to her, she was already climbing back into bed, and kept telling me she fell as she tried to calm herself down and fall back asleep.  I crawled into bed with her to help calm her down and after about a half an hour of her tossing and turning, I tried to go back to my bed, but she grabbed a hold of me and wouldn't let go.  She kept saying "Mommy, stay".  So I stayed.  Eventually she did fall back asleep so I went back to my bed.

Right before William got up at 5 this morning, she started crying.  So he brought her into bed with me and she once again cuddled right in.  Then she didn't want to wake up when it was time to get her ready to go to daycare.  It tugs at my heart so that she has to wake up so early, especially on days like this when I know she needs extra sleep and will not get it when she is at daycare.  We could avoid so may illnesses and crabby days if I could just stay home with her.

So between her and the cat (who sleeps at my feet and takes up A LOT of room) I didn't get much sleep last night.  It will be a trying day.  I just have to remember to be patient with people I come across and especially loving with Libby tonight.  I hope she isn't getting sick, but we will deal with it if she does. 

On a good note, we did get a comment from a couple that we went out to dinner with on Friday night at how well behaved Libby was.  We were telling them how she has her chores to do every night (they only consist of helping feed the animals and helping around the house with things Mommy and Daddy ask her to do like laundry and sweeping and putting away her shoes) and they said that they were very impressed with our initiative to have her complete these small tasks at such a young age.  I was so proud of her for being such a good girl!  Cause every parent knows it could have totally gone the other way with her behavior!!!

She also helped me put away the silverware from the dishwasher this weekend.  She did such a good job!  All the silverware was placed in the correct places!  Then she decided to play with them and they didn't end up as organized, but she is making great strides at learning how to sort things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.