Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Years Festivities

The new year is always a bright spot for me as it feels like a clean slate.  I don't know why this feeling happens, after all, it is just another day, but I am embracing it and enjoying the feeling anyways while it lasts.

We spent new years day hanging out at home, cleaning house, putting away Christmas decorations and getting things back in order after a last half of 2012 that was chaotic to say the least.  It has been a while since we have physically been home and "focused" on our home and our immediate family. 

Bill ran a 5K new years morning and said he really liked it.  Enough to do it again.  Maybe this will be the year I will take up running.  But I'm not holding my breath...  Or putting on my running shoes for that matter.  It is cold outside.  And I don't like the cold.  Or running. 

So instead, I have set to cleaning and getting things organized again.  Tonight I would like to make it through one kitchen cabinet and assess where we are for items and if there are any that I can give away or donate.  I love giving things away.  One of my favorite things to do.  Plus, I bought a Food Saver, so I need to find a place to put it so some things HAVE to go!

The filing cabinet needs to be overhauled again and it seems like this is such a daunting task, but really, it doesn't take too long once I get some uninterrupted time.   Aaahhh, uninterrupted time.  Now that is a luxury.  But I digress.  The balance sheet needs updating, the budget needs tweaking, the wills need to be signed (still, I know), Edward needs his savings account opened at the bank, I need to get a safe deposit box, etc...

Anywhoo, I am looking forward to spending some time working on my home in the next few months.  Creating a place that is welcoming, comfortable and an enriching environment for those two little kiddos living there.  And Bill and I as well. 

Here's to clean slates, crisp new calendars and a great 2013 ahead of us!

2 comments:

  1. I love the feeling of a clean slate and starting over each new year. It's good time to refocus and think about what you want to accomplish in the next year.

    Congrats to Bill on the 5k! I ran The Color Run last spring and it was a lot of fun. But I'm not a runner, so I dropped it after that haha. Just had it on my bucket list to run a 5k before I turned 30!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great 2013! I need to organize my kitchen too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Please keep all comments respectful or they will not be posted.